- Throughout Mike's career he has been the author of more than 80 books, chapters, refereed journal articles, and policy papers on teacher preparation, school curriculum, teacher staff development, school improvement, and alternate pathways into teaching.
- Mike has been invited by state agencies and school districts in 26 states to work with teachers to develop their repertoire of teaching strategies to expand the learning opportunities of children and youth.
- Mike have been asked by numerous boards and panels to help find better ways to recruit and select teachers and to propose fundamental changes in ways to operate schools.
- Mike was requested by the Republic of Palau (a set of small island in Micronesia) to create a certification system for their teachers and administrators
Awards and Honors
- Mike received nine academic, athletic and leadership awards at Purdue University
- Mike was the first graduate student from Teacher's College to be named an International Fellow at Columbia University in 1972-1973
- Mike received the National Association for Alternative Certification Outstanding Service Award, 2002
- Mike has been presented with five outstanding leadership/service awards from five different agencies throughout California, 2003-2007
- Mike was bestowed a Distinguished Leadership Resolution by the California State Senate upon his retirement in 2009
- The Annual Outstanding Teacher by the California Teacher Corps is named after Mike, 2012 Award Ceremony pictured.
MEDIA: Dr. Mike McKibbin's colleagues talk about the creation of the
Michael McKibbin Outstanding Educator Award.
Click the play icon below to view this touching video.
Donate to Dr. Mike McKibbin for school board.
Donating to a great cause, feels so good!